Monday, September 15, 2014

Hallway wainscotting.

Hey friends! I hope you are having a great Monday.
I have wanted to extend my wainscoting down my hall for some time. I love how it brightens up some of my darker spaces, like my entry. I wrapped it around my wall and down the hall.
before                                                        after
 
Above are the before and after pictures. Sorry the colors are so different, lighting changes so much in my house thru out the day.
Here is how I did it.
I made sure it lined up with the current wainscoting and marked it with painters tape.
 I primed my walls, it took a few coats to really cover the darker paint.
Once I was satisfied with the primer, I nailed up my slats.
And more slats! making sure they were the same distance apart and level.
It has really made a difference. My hall is brighter and it adds so much more detail than a blank empty hallway. I would love to do wood floors too in my entry and hall. I'll have got to save up for that and convince my husband that we need to do it :) but for now it is a huge difference! I swear my pictures are straight. this angle makes them look super uneven :)
 So much brighter!!

Have a great day!
-Linds

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have rounded corners like I do in my house. Can you explain how you did the wainscotting around them? I've been wanting to do this in my house forever and yours looks great!!

    ReplyDelete