Monday, April 8, 2013

Laundry Room Shelf

I have wanted to do some shelf her for some time. It only cost me under $10! I had the white paint and the 2x6 and bought the 1x8 for about $5.94 for a 6 foot board at Lowes (just make sure it is really straight).
Before
 I drew a pattern of the corbels that I wanted and cut them out of a 2x6 with a jig saw then sanded them down. Then glued/nailed them to the 1x8 board and let them dry.

 Then I used my handy new paint sprayer (that I just LOVE) from Lowes. It is the GRACO 2900. It was $128 total and has already paid for its self in the time that is has saved me. I can paint things in way less time than before and it uses less paint and it dries faster and.....it is just wonderful!!! SWOON! 
I was so excited when I first used it that I called my sister in law and told her all about it and she brought me down a table to paint. Then I brought out a dresser, shelf, three chairs and some frames and...well you get the idea I was just looking for things I could paint, because it was so easy and so fast! All these thing took me probably 45 minutes.
This table below was turquoise! There are all sorts of little details that would be awful to do with a brush!
 Drawers that took me about 10 minutes for two coats of paint.
 Some chairs that were dark brown.. yep about 10 minutes total! The sprayer is easy to use and  it takes about 5 minutes to clean out. 5 minutes people, that is awesome!!!
 
Okay sorry for the little side track but I am really excited about my new toy!
 
I painted the shelf in oh about 5 minutes from start to finish. Then used my level and nail gun to mount it on the wall. Added some accessories and here is my new laundry room shelf.
 BEFORE
AFTER

Okay that is it for today. I am so glad you stopped by , have a good one. It is raining and snowing here today so I am trapped in the house cleaning :(
Lindsay

20 comments:

  1. Loving the shelf! It looks so pretty now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!! I love following you on pinterest ;)

      Delete
  2. I want a paint sprayer now, it sounds amazing! Your shelf looks so perfect there--I love how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, get one you will not regret it! It has saved me so much time. Just make sure you read the instructions and watch the dvd.

      Delete
  3. If I were you, I would sped the day doing loundry, just to watch the new shelf:) It looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emilia, I will admit I do catch myself looking at it while I do my laundry ;)

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting to do a shelf in my laundry room as well. Love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do one!! You will love it and it really was easy to do ;)

      Delete
  5. Holly thanks and get a sprayer. You can't beat the price and it really saves time and paint. What could be better than that :)

    ReplyDelete


  6. Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional.
    Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much you're so sweet! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Great makeover! Love the shelf. It made the space seem larger and more functional as well! :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It really has come in handy. We use it all the time for things we don't want falling behind the washer and dryer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your laundry area is beautiful...although I have never understood the need to have a 'decorated' laundry room...aren't those wire holders filled with 'gunk' and the flowers covered with fuzz after a few weeks?
    Personally, if I have to go cute, I'd rather have a cute jar of laundry detergent on the shelf...at least it's necessary and not just one more thing to clean ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog! I've bought like 3 spray guns and hated all of them, I might have to try this one! Question for you, do you prime before you paint? And if so, do you use your sprayer to prime? Or just to paint? THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonya,
      Sorry about the spray guns. I have only had one and this has been great. make sure to watch the DVD and do everything correctly. Washing it is very important too. As for primer it just depends. If I am covering a really dark color or there are stains I am worried about I will usually use a primer then paint or a primer/paint they come together now which is cool. I have not used my sprayer to prime yet... just used it to paint. With most sprayers you have to thin your paint and you could probably do the same with your primer. but if you are covering a light color just paint would be fine. I hope that helps good luck :)

      Delete
  11. Could you let me know what brand, style, and color paint you used for these projects? Your blog is amazing and your style is inspiring! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My paint for the walls is brand Pratt & Lambert color name is Ventana. The white is off the shelf Valspar Bright White in gloss.

      Delete
  12. Love your laundry room. Very similar to mine and I'm also thinking of making some little cubby shelves next to the cabinets since I have some space there. How did you make yours? Do you already have a post about it on your blog, I couldn't find one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christa, I don't have a tutorial for the side shelves. I just used some mdf boards and cut them to fit. It was a tight fit so I didn't have to use anything but a little wood glue. Good luck! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great friday!

      Delete