Monday, March 25, 2013

Lets lighten up a bit shall we?

Okay I have to admit something. I have a bad disorder called.... Compulsive Painting Disorder.  I get some idea in my head about paint and I just do it.. well this was one of those times.

When we first built our home we painted our home all the same color walls and ceiling. Doing the three toned paint was out of our budget so i just did the baseboards white and the wall colors the same as the ceiling. I still LOVE the color but really want to lighten it up a bit by painting the ceilings white.

Well, I did it in my sons room in the basement and it really made it brighter. So last week I decided to do my kitchen. I do NOT like painting ceilings. I have had a sore neck since I painted. Next time I will use a paint sprayer. But I am SO glad I did it. I really brightens up the space. If it was more fun(or fun at all) I would do my vaulted ceilings in my family room, front entry, basement and all the bedrooms..I better stop or I will have a painting break down!
I will just have to do one space at a time.
Here is my kitchen ceiling before.
See all the same color
 
 Before
After
Before
After
It took me only about 30 minutes to get it all taped and ready.
During the painting process. It took me two days to do the whole thing, three good coats of paint.
                 After
Before
After
After, See the difference in the ceiling on the left on the picture below.
I am happy with how it turned out. I really notice a difference.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Holly! My baby is super good or I would not have been able to do it. Thanks for stopping by I keep tabs on your blog, love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks AMAZING!!!! And I am glad you have found a name for our little disorder :) Mine has been focused on the outside world this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I saw you and Adam out side doing some serious yard work. Piles of dirt and blocks every where. Can't wait to see it all done :)

      Delete
  3. Christina, So glad you stopped by! I will be sure to check out your blog too!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gloss in that paint! Turned out great.
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete