Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Front Porch 2017


Happy Thursday! I'm so excited to be participating in The Christmas Festival Blog Tour this week. Hosted by the amazing Kendra at www.joyinourhome.com Kendra has spent a lot of time putting this blog tour together. Thank you so much Kendra! 
All bloggers are listed at the bottom of this post so you won't miss any of the amazing spaces and recipes.



If you are joining me from Erin Elizabeth Joan Designs  Front Porch, Welcome! I am so glad you are here today!

It gets really cold where I live and winters are hard on everything. I'm glad a have a bit of a covered porch so I can leave my Christmas décor out during the season.
I went with a rustic feel this year. I love greenery and natural elements in my décor. My garland is Faux{from Joann's Craft store} but the large pine cones{from Hobby Lobby} and birch logs are real.



Ignore the huge pillar in this next picture, It has to be there to help hold up my house or something! hahahaha!
This is my whole front porch. I've been wanting some white rocking chairs for a while and my sweet hubby got me some as an early Birthday gift, Isn't he sweet. They are from Wal-Mart but you can get them at The Home Depot or online. It's a little cold to be sitting out on them this month but they are fun to decorate.


Red pillows are from one of my favorite stores Tai Pan Trading. Seat Cushions are from my other favorite store World Market. Small tree is from Michaels craft store and basket is from Hobby Lobby.


I made this sled at a party my sister in law Cat @ Catherinas Creative Corner put on . Its from Natalie @crafts2you. Natalie makes a ton of different crafts, she puts them in a kit and you put it together, pain or stain it, its fun and easy! After staining my sled I added some greenery, eucalyptus, red berries and a home made bell garland{idea from Magnolia Home} and My favorite striped ribbon from World Market.



I just love the glow of Christmas lights at night!
 If you'll notice that I had to move my tree and cute gift from the chairs because my cats would shove them off so they could sleep on them, naughty kitties.





I liked keeping things simple and rustic this year. 
The natural Jute rug is from Amazon.com and the small cream rug is from Wal-Mart. I love to layer different colors and textures to give dimension and interest to a space..

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and see my front Porch.
Have a wonderful day friends!

Next stop on the Christmas Festival Blog Tour takes you to Christine at Little Brags





Other Bloggers on the Christmas Festival Blog Hop

Mantels on Monday

White Arrows Home    Repurpose and Upcycle  Timeless Creations 
Lemons to Lovely   Pennies from Heaven Home   One Happy Housewife

Vignettes on Tuesday



Recipes on Wednesday

Life Love Larson   Cali Girl In A Southern World   Crisp Collective
Love In My Oven   Countryside Cravings    Curly Crafty Mom

Front Porches on Thursday


Tablescapes on Friday

15 comments:

  1. Lindsay, your porch is fun and welcoming! The rocking chairs, of course, just beg someone to come sit awhile. The packages wrapped at the door set the tone and say welcome to Christmas! Love it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stacey! you are so sweet! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. Stacey, Thank you so much! How sweet of you to take the time to comment! And to say such kind things, thank you so much it means the world to me! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your porch is perfectly decorated for Christmas. The handmade sled is beautiful and I love how you added the arrangement, bow, and bells on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Lindsay!! Love the sled! It would be so nice to be sitting on one of those rocking chairs sipping hot cocoa! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty porch! Love the bells and the sleigh! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, it looks SO cozy! LOVE all the greenery and that adorable sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Lindsay, ohhhhh me likey!!!! The old sleigh is pure eye envy! Very cozy! Christine stopping by from Little Brags (today's Front Porches) .

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wrapped presents are such a fun touch! I LOVE that sled! I have been looking for one all over the place and can't seem to find one. Love the added greenery and bells. So beautiful and inviting. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this tour and had so much fun doing it with you!!! Great ideas for the porch!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful porch Lindsay! So welcoming and those rockers give it that cozy feel! Love the greenery too! Thx for joining me on this blog hop, SO wonderful to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right, what a sweet hubby that bought you those white chairs as a present - they are fantastic! You've styled them perfectly with the red pillows. I like how you have matching looks for the garland on the window over the chairs and around your front door - fantastic! What a great sleigh and the ribbon embellishment you put on it adds a festive element to it for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the handmade sled and the wrapped presents! So welcoming! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your porch and wrapped packages are adorable. BUT...we can't believe that you made that beautiful sled! So amazing and it looks great on the porch too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pops of red are perfect! I can imagine sitting on those rockers sipping hot cocoa! Beautiful entry!

    ReplyDelete