Tuesday, April 8, 2014

From small to tall...

Happy Monday....wait I mean Tuesday. My kids just had spring break and I am all messed up on my days.
I wanted to share with you my latest little project. This little piece of furniture has been through so much. it started out as a small entertainment center I cut it apart and make a little bench which we used for a few years then I added legs to it. Then last week I decided to add some shelving on the top. I love how it turned out.
I have never made my own large shelf.
 
I used a sheet of 1/2 inch MDF I think it was $31 at Lowes for a 4x8 foot sheet. I had them cut it in 1x4 sheets. I did the rest of the cutting at home.
I used my nail gun and glue to hold it all together this is it all constructed and ready to be "beefed up". It looks kind of squirrely with just the MDF so I added some 1x2s to the front of the sides and the shelving. I added some backing to help it be even more sturdy.
 After some serious hole filling and paint it was finally finished. I added some spring accessories and sat back and enjoyed the hard work ;) My boys think it is a great place to set up all their Legos, I often find Lego men in my plants and sticking out the tin bird house.

 Thanks for coming to visit. I hope you are getting excited for spring! I have been outside for 2 days straight enjoying this beautiful weather.
-Lindsay

14 comments:

  1. What a smart idea! It looks wonderful and you styled it so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do such. a good. JOB! my goodness does your husband just sit back and admire your handy work? so talented Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! A very nice makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my heck girlie!!! You are freaking AMAZING!!!!!!! I need you to come redo the furniture in my house!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the amazing one! Thanks for stopping by Sherry. I swear I never see you any more, what is up with that?

      Delete
  5. That is DARLinG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Seriously cool:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is stunning! Love this! Would love for you to share this on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday on Kammy's Korrner. We're not a new party, but always love "new blood". :) http://www.kammyskorner.com/2014/04/trash-2-treasure-tuesday-linky-party_28.html

    ReplyDelete