Friday, October 10, 2014

Old Navy top refashion



 I purchased this top (or maybe it was a dress, I'm not sure) from Old Navy this week for under $7. It was a size large and had no sleeves. I don't wear sleeveless tops. I figured I would cut off some length and use that fabric to add sleeves.

First off I tried it on to see how much length I needed to cut off for my sleeves.
Next I cut it with my rotary cutter and large ruler.
Then I layered my sleeveless top over the fabric and cut my new sleeves adding 1/4 inch seam allowance.
 Here is a good picture for making your own sleeves from craftiness is not optional you can find the
 full tutorial here
Below is how I put it all together.
You can see how I took in the sides to make it smaller (the dots are my seams)
 It turned out like a peplum top loose and flowy. I am so excited that It turned out.









6 comments:

  1. Super cute!! I need to come take creativity lessons from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Megan no you don't you are super creative AND super talented you sing and play the piano like an angel!!!

      Delete
  2. You are so awesome! Looove the top. That sleeve length is my favorite. so flattering. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the awesome one! Thanks for your sweet comment Cherie :)

      Delete
  3. This is so perfect! I love what you did, it looks a thousand times better, and now I have another reason not to pass up pieces of clothing just because they don't have my size, if you have more fabric do something with it. Absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan! I buy clothes that are not my size 50% of the time and take them in. Thanks for commenting, you're so sweet! :) have a great day.

      Delete