Saturday, December 1, 2018

HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS BLOG HOP | 2018

Hello and Merry Christmas!
 I'm so excited you're here. We are so excited to be sharing our Christmas homes with you this year for our Holly Jolly Christmas Blog Hop. all the other girls sharing their Christmas homes will be tagged at the bottom of this post.

There are so many things that I love about Christmas, but decorating is one of my favorites. There is  magic that comes when you see the glow of a Christmas tree, twinkle lights and yummy smelling candles or treats baking in the oven, I adore all of it. All those things add to the coziness or the holiday season. 
                                                 Welcome to my home for Christmas.


My kids are getting older but they still love to snuggle by the tree and watch a show, read Christmas stories or drink hot cocoa by the fire. I have such great memories of my kids when they were babies and how they loved to take ornaments off the tree or unwrap gifts before it was time. Those are the some of the greatest memories. Seeing their faces on Christmas morning opening their gifts, it's pure magic!



This year I couldn't get enough twinkle lights. I got these copper wire strands from Amazon a 4 pack for under $20 they even have a remote, which I love! Most of my big lights like my tree & garlands are on a timer and they go off on their own at night. It you don't have timers on your Christmas decor its a must have! I got a 2 pack for $10 on Amazon. These mercury glass trees from Home Goods are a new addition this year. They range in price from $12.99-$19.00 depending on the size. I know I'll be using them for years.


Another set of twinkle lights in one of my many cloches, this one is from Hobby Lobby. It looks so magical at night. this little wood pedestal table from Wayfair is a favorite of mine, you an find it HERE


This year I got out of my comfort zone and didn't do traditional red in any of my Christmas decor. I was worried I wouldn't like it, but I love it! I stayed with neutrals, like white, cream, green and tans and of course my collection of mercury glass ornaments.



I recently added the board and batten on my corner fireplace and I love how it tuned out. I am so happy with it. It makes such a huge difference, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I love doing small things that don't cost a ton of money but that make a big impact on the overall look and feel of my home. Little home improvements here and there.

 

Brown paper packages tied up with strings these are a few of my favorite things.....
Yep, I love to wrap gifts! like a lot! Most of these are real gifts but some are just empty boxes. I wrapped them so I can peel off one side of the tape and slip the box out, fill is with a gift and slide it back in all ready for Christmas. 


 It's a little dark on my stairs leading to the basement because of the sofa that sits in front and having my faux lit garland on my railing lights up the stairs with a magical glow.


I love to purchase things that I can use in my home all year long. This faux fur rug from Amazon linked hereon my coffee table is something that I could use in my kids rooms or on a table or chair.





I don't always have an elaborately decorated table. I love a pretty tablescape, but its just not practical in our home to be left up all the time. I like to put cute things in this tray from Hobby Lobby so I can easily move it on and off  my table for family dinner each night.

On the tray are small cream bottle brushes a faux frosted tree and a wood bowl full of pretty mercury glass ornaments and twinkle lights of course. I have lights every where. I love turning all the main lights off and have only the Christmas lights on and sitting on my cozy sofa from RC Willey and watching it snow outside it's so cozy.


I'm loving the reflection of my tree lights in the mirror!

Garlands are such a simple way to add a festive feel to any space. I made the top bell garland and the wood bead garland is from Targets Mognolia Hearth and Hand line, you can find it HERE


Each year I like to add a few items to my Christmas collection. I love this linen tree throw pillow I got from Target this year it goes perfect with my decor. Tree pillow linked HERE  
H&M Home cotton canvas cushion cover linked HERE


I made this sign last year and it's still one of my favorites, The neutral colors will go with any colors of Christmas decor and it helps us remember the true meaning of Christmas, the Saviors birth.


Twinkle lights draped in a dough bowl (from Hobby Lobby) full of mercury glass ornaments makes my entry so festive and bright. The lights reflect off the mercury glass and make the space feel so cozy, merry and bright!


Mercury glass trees, my white ceramic Nativity and faux greenery line the shelves of my new Wayfair Santino Console table that I just love it's linked HERE 



I wish you could smell the yummy pine candle from Bath and Body Works burning in my kitchen. I am a big smell person. I love good smells they can quickly take me to a memory or place in my mind. The smell of pine reminds me of the mountains and Christmas, two of my favorite things.
I love looking back at pictures of my kitchen from 2 years ago. My cabinets were an orange wood color! My kitchen has undergone some serious change. 

This year I was able to get these wood chairs from World Market, I love the warm rustic feel they bring to this space. The board and batten wall is another new addition.


I tied a few faux pine stems with  cream ribbon to the back of my dining chairs and bar stools to add a little something festive.

My dining table is all ready for the holidays. I'll be doing a blog post soon with a source list from everything on my table, some tips and tricks to setting a beautiful table for the holiday although I did forget to put on my silverware before I took my blog pictures! yikes! I'm sure you would have not even noticed but I sure did.
.

Last on the tour is my Christmas bedroom, more info to come about this space and my new beautiful flocked tree linked HERE from Wayfair.




 Wishing you and your family a cozy and happy holiday season. Thank you for stopping my my Christmas home tour. I really appreciate you!

-L I N D S A Y


BLOG HOP CONTINUES:

Jennifer: Simpli Ciani

Lynde: Seguoia Lane

Catherina: Sage Hill Cottage












No comments:

Post a Comment