Monday, March 25, 2019

DIY FARMHOUSE OPEN SHELVING

Do you love open shelving as much as I do? 
I've been wanting to do some in my dining area for a while now. Last week I was able to get them made and put up. It did take me a few days to stain the shelves, paint the corbels and then another day to get everything hung up. All that time and effort was worth it, what do you think?


First I used Minwax wood conditioner on the boards, then I let it dry. 
Next I stained the 1x8x4 boards with a mixture of Minwax Weathered Oak and a little bit or Dark Walnut. I didn't want any sheen on the shelving so I used Minwax clear finishing wax to seal the boards. 


I painted the corbels a bright white. I love the pretty contrast between the wood and the white.



It took me a while to find the studs and hang the corbels the same length. It would have been easier to have some help doing this but I'm too impatient to wait for my husband or sons to get home so I just did it myself. 


After making sure the corbels were level, I placed the wood shelving on top and screwed them into the corbels for stability.


 
I love having another place to display my pretty white dishes and cakestands.  



These are the corbels I purchased from Lowes. They have a few different sizes.  This whole project cost me under $60!




Thanks for stopping by. 
xoxoxo ,
L I N D S A Y

No comments:

Post a Comment