Friday, May 20, 2011

Burlap Ruffle Wreath

 I made it by cutting two strips of burlap one about 1.5 inches bigger than the other-no, I did not measure just started cutting. But if I had to guess I would say:
Large strip- 6 inches
Smaller was about 4.5 or 4 inches.
I did a loose stich by hand on the large strip and pulled until it ruffled. I hot glued it to a small wood dollar wreath. With the other strip I skiped the sewing step and just glued and ruffled as I went. I am all about skipping steps if they are not absolutly needed. I love the simplicity of this wreath, it was inexpensive and easy.
I got the idea for this wreath at catherinascreativecorner.blogspot.com and she got it from Jodi @mylifeoncedarstreet.blogspot.com. Check out both their blogs they are very creative. Here is my take on the ruffle wreath and can you believe that I used  Burlap... I never use burlap for anything.. ha ha ha. That's a joke people.

No comments:

Post a Comment