Friday, September 12, 2014

DIY Glitter stripe top

I am so excited to share this DIY stripe shirt with you today!
It is really simple and inexpensive to make.
Total, mine cost under $3 (because I already had the white tee) and about 15 minutes to make.
Here are a few ways I styled it.
With Old Navy the "Rockstar" black skinnies and leopard print flats from Target.
Red A line full skirt from Down East basics
This is the Iron-On transfer sheet I used. GoldGlitter. I found it at Joanns for 4.99 for one sheet. I used a 40% off coupon. I already had a white tee.
 I used my cutting mat, rotary cutter and large straight line measuring board thing(not sure what it is really called) and cut my 1.5 inch strips. I started with 4 stripes then later after taking some pictures thought it would look better with 5 stripes. after cutting I placed my shirt and stripes on the ironing board making sure my lines were even and straight. 
Then using a sheet of thin parchment paper to protect my stripes and shirt I slowly iron the strips onto my shirt. be patient it takes a few minutes to get all the corners on and (melted, if you will) to the shirt. Maker sure all the strips are secured to the shirt. let cool and done! I get compliments on this shirt every time I wear it.
There you have it! A glitter stripe shirt.
 I wash it in the washer inside out on the gentle cycle or you can hand wash it.

1 comment: