Friday, December 2, 2016

Christmas Home Tour 2016


 Happy December to you all! Welcome to my Christmas 2016 home tour.
 My tree is from Tai Pan Trading. It's a 7.5 foot tall pre-lit Mountain Jade lightly frosted tree. I am pretty traditional with my Christmas décor. I tend to stick with red, green and creams. I love earthy things like berries and sticks but like to incorporate other things like mercury glass ornaments too. I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby this year and love the extra sparkle they add. I also made some large vintage looking Santa boards I will do a DIY tutorial soon.

 

 Aren't those mercury glass ornaments beautiful!!
I purchased some new garland this year that has  several type of greenery and magnolia leaves which I love! then I just added some berries and lights and called it good.
 Love my children's new Christmas stockings with their names on them. We will use these for many years to come.


The white cabinet does not go in my kitchen but I didn't want to haul it all the way down the hall.  So to the kitchen it goes until after Christmas. it was fun to decorate for Christmas but it did make it a little too crowded in my dining area.
As you can see I planked and painted my kitchen island. I love it!!! it is so bright and clean looking I really want to do all my kitchen cabinets but might have to wait until spring so I can use my paint sprayer. I was worn out hand painting it all by myself with a roller and brush.
 I added a Rod with hooks at the end of my island from Ikea and love it so much just another place I can decorate and hang dish towels ;)
 Horrible lighting I know but it was to dark if I shut my shutters.
I had wreaths hung on my barstools but the kids were making a mess of them so in the windows they went.
 I made some cutting boards for my kitchen and loved the rustic natural look they give. I love wood tones and natural elements mixed together.
 Isn't she pretty! All white and planked. I'm in love!


Source list
Mercury glass ornaments-Hobby Lobby
Wrapping paper-Hobby Lobby
Tree and berries-Tai Pant Trading
Red and cream stripe ribbon-World Market
Pine hand soap-World Market
All white Dinner ware-Tai Pan Trading
Stockings-Pottery Barn
snowflake pillow-Amazon.com
 
I hope you all had a great week! Thanks for stopping by Country Girl Home
-Lindsay
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I just adore your kitchen and dining area. That table is gorgeous along with those wonderful plantation shutters. Its very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much Jennifer! You're so sweet!

      Delete