Wednesday, April 17, 2019

SONS ROOM MAKEOVER, BOARD & BATTEN WALL

I am so happy you are here! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. Today I'm sharing my youngest sons bedroom makeover. For Christmas we wanted a new bed and board & batten in his room. How cute is that?! I let him pick our the bed he wanted. He chose this metal bed from Wayfair linked HERE



Here are a few before and after pictures
Before


After


Before


After



I started this room makeover by putting up a board and batten wall. These wood slats come in 8 foot lengths. They run about $6.96 each, they are 2-1/4 IN x 8 ft. they are pine lattice slats. They did need to be sanded in a few spots to make them really smooth. I nailed them up after measuring and taping them to the wall first. Caulking came next-do not skip this step! Caulking is your best friend, trust me. it fills in all the gaps and any mistakes and makes them non existent. Then the primer and paint. I did this wall in 2 days, by myself.


As you can see in the picture below the slats are the same width as my baseboards so I didn't need to do anything there. I just budded it right on the top of the base boards, made sure they were level and done.


This is after one coat of paint.


It took 2 coats of paint to get it all covered. I love how much the bright white wall brightens his room. His bedroom window is under our front covered porch and so it never gets direct light so it is a bit darker than the rest of the house. 


My son loves how his room turned out. 
When you get a new bed, new sheets are a must have! His sheets are linked  
 HERE This 4 piece white sheet set from Bluebird Linens is so great. I have several sets and they are so soft and wash up so well. 

You can get 30% off your order with the code "countrygirl" How awesome is that! 


                                   The gray and white coverlets are from Kohls linked HERE 
                                                 Green throw pillow is from H&M Home
                                                              Gray lamp is from Target

I wanted to add some special art work or  picture. I purchased this wood frame from Target and had one of my photos blown up from the mountains where our cabin is at. This is one of our families favorite places to hike and go fishing at in the summer. 


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a good day!

-L I N D S A Y





No comments:

Post a Comment