Monday, May 6, 2019

FARMHOUSE LAUNDRY ROOM


I am so excited to be finally sharing my laundry room with you!
On Black Friday of last year I purchased this beautiful wallpaper from Anthropology. It was on back order until the end of January. I received it the first of February and it sat in my closet for another 3 weeks. until I was brave enough to start and after many, many you tube videos....

Here she is......


I had never installed wallpaper before and I was so nervous. 
But I took the plunge and I love how it turned out! Even my husband and kids liked it!


The whole process was easier than I thought. Before my walls were just a plain greige color, but I wanted my laundry room to have some character and this wallpaper added that fun whimsical feel to the space!


I spend a lot of time in my laundry room. I have 6 people in  my family and we go thru a lot of clothing. I wanted to make this a fun, bright and happy space for me while I do laundry.



I added this wood shelf a few years ago to hold my soaps and dryer sheets. It's nice to have them right there handy and for easy access.



I really love my new light from Olde Brick Lighting on Esty. 

mine is called the Clear Glass Dome Shade Flush mount fixture. I really liked the milk glass shade too but my husband liked this clear glass the most so I gave into his way.....this time!


Isn't this wallpaper amazing! Every time I go into my laundry room it makes me smile.



I love the faux plants and wicker pots from Ikea. there is no window or natural light in this space so I have to use fauw plants.




I kept some coat hooks high and some low for my little girl who needs them for her backpack and jackets.






I wanted to add some warmth to this little bench/shoes storage from Ikea so I cut and stained a wood board to go on top with some of my favorite farmhouse pillows from @Beddys


I added new coat hooks from Target in Polished nickel.



Next on my list for this room is some new flooring, but that might have to wait a few years....
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
xoxo,
L I N D S A Y

No comments:

Post a Comment