Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October Home Tour



Hello! Welcome to my home.

I've teamed up with 3 amazing bloggers this month and we will be sharing our
home decor for the month of October.

 Halloween or Fall we've got it all. I am  inspired by so many decorators out there and we hope you will be inspired too. 
These gals are super talented and sweet inside and out. Links to their blogs will be at the end of this post.

I wanted to keep the cost down for my October decorating so I made a lot of paper crafts. Crafts from paper are fun and inexpensive. This Trick or Treat banner is a free printable from www.ellaclaireinspired.com  Ever since she posted it I knew I wanted to make one. Kristen is also a sweetheart with an amazing home. And one of the first blogs I followed.

This year I decided to keep things traditional with black, white and orange for my Halloween Décor. I hope you enjoy your tour. Welcome to my home!
ENTRY
I mixed some real and faux pumpkins. I love all the different shades of orange, cream and white.


Sources:
 Large Orange and White Pumpkins-Michaels
Buffalo Plaid Pillows-Amazon
Baskets-World Market
Black and orange ribbon-Hobby Lobby
Bat sign-made by me :)

FAMILY ROOM
We purchased new sofas a few months ago and I love them! They are deep for my long legs, soft and they brighten up my family room a ton. I made this coffee table last month and it adds some warmth to the space. And..... it's another fun space to decorate!
 I made the charcoal and cream stripe pillows from 20x20 inch napkins from World Market. They are so easy and inexpensive to make. The bottoms are velcro so I can switch out the covers for others to go along with my decor.
 Lanterns and wicker basket are both from Michaels
Ignore the TV about my fireplace and the awkward corner fireplace. I don't love either of them, but that's life. But, I do love bats for Halloween. They are just the right amount of spooky without being scary. I am a cutsie kind of Halloween decorator. My SIL Cherie cut these bats out for me a few years ago and I reuse them every year.

 I made this Trick or Treat sign last week and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I used my silhouette to make a stencil. If you love making signs, a silhouette is the way to go, the possibilities are endless.
Sources:
Trick or Treat Wood sign-made by me
Glitter crow-Michaels
Potions Book-made by me
Wreath-made by me(info to make one a few posts back)
31 wood sign-also made by me, paper from Hobby Lobby
KITCHEN
 Don't you love that huge pumpkin on my floor? It belongs to my 4 year old daughter. My parents grew it for her and she adores it. She didn't want it outside because it would get cold! hahaha! So I just went with it!
 I cut this Happy Halloween sign last year, it was my first cutting project with my new scroll saw so don't judge, it's perfectly imperfect. I practiced a little more with my scroll saw, my skills improved a bit and I cut out the wood bats on the right.
 Below is another paper craft, my spooky Halloween banner made from paper from Hobby Lobby.
 I made this wreath a few years ago from a grapevine wreath and some ribbon from World Market. The black feathers are from our black pet chicken, Knight.
 I did a really simple Halloween tablescape.
More faux pumpkins, napkins from World Market
White dishes-JcPenny
Rattan placemats-Hobby Lobby
Wood/marble cake stand-World Market
Black stripe straws-Amazon


Well, there you have it! My Halloween home for October. Thank you again for stopping by. I hope you have a great month of October.

 These are the sweet gals joining me for the October Home Tour 2017

 www.sweetroseandwren.com
www.jshdesigncompany.com
www.catherinascreativecorner.com


  Have the best day!
-Lindsay

4 comments:

  1. I love all of your beautiful DIY's! You are such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay your home looks amazing! I love every little detail (particularly that huge pumpkin...lol...sweet W)! That's such a good idea to go with lots of paper crafts for a budget keeper...I like that! And your new couches just bring everything all together so lovely, especially your diy pillows! Love it, love it all:-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay this is gorrrrrrrrgeous!!! I love love love the banners and the bats! I'm so impressed with your crafting abilities. :) And it is absolutely adorable that your sweet girl doesn't want her pumpkin to get cold! I'm so glad to be on this tour with you my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! Will you please share your wall color where you have the trick or treat banner hanging?
    Thank you, tonahaggermaker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete