Friday, January 5, 2018

WINTER WONDERLAND

Happy New Year!! I sure hope you had a wonderful Christmas & New Year holiday. We sure did! Most of our parties were done by the 18th so we just relaxed and spent time together as a family. I took down all my Christmas décor the day after Christmas. It's so much more work taking it down than it is putting it up. I put it all away and did some major cleaning. My home felt really bare, but it was kind of nice. I kept my January décor very neutral. I added a few new things that can be used all year long.
This wood chalk board is a DIY. I got the beautiful frame at Hobby Lobby. it had a board covered with canvas fabric I guess you could pin stuff on it or something?? I don't know. I decided to make it a chalk board instead.  I pulled off the board backing painted the back side with Chalk Paint from Lowes. Prepped it with chalk and re applied it to the wood frame....whoot, whoot! New big chalkboard. Now I just need to work on my chalk board lettering skills.



 Isn't the frame gorgeous!!!! Its the perfect wood color!




 The next big thing I got also from Hobby Lobby is this lovely arched window. It had a backing of tin for magnets and pictures, but I wanted just the window frame so I ripped..... I mean carefully took off the tin backing and done! I've got myself a gorgeous arched window!!






Sources
Wood Chalk board-DIY frame from Hobby Lobby
Stick glitter trees-Rod Works
White glitter trees-World Market
Basket and throw-World Market
Wood tray-Hobby Lobby
Faux Candles-Costco
Framed Snowflake-DIY
Wood Snowflake Garland-DIY from snowflakes from Joann's craft store
Mercury glass candle sticks-Michaels craft store
Green Trees-Michaels
Arch window-Hobby Lobby
Wood stool-Joann's craft store
Wood Shelf-Hobby Lobby
White Chalk Board-DIY

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
Lindsay








No comments:

Post a Comment