Friday, December 7, 2018

HOMEMADE MICROWAVE CARAMELS

You are going to love how easy these homemade caramels are! They seriously take  just over 10 minutes total to make in the microwave. I have spent many hours trying to make the perfect caramels. I got this recipe a few years ago I can't remember where, my life has never been the same! These are so easy, you can't really mess them up, trust me I've tried.


Do you guys make your neighbors gifts or do you buy them? I switch off, some years I make Sugar cookies and treats, some years I buy my gifts. I love handmade things, but some times I just don't have the time. These caramels are so easy to make and take hardly any time at all. you can double to recipe to make more it needed. Who doesn't like homemade caramels right? I have a son who doesn't like caramels, I don't even understand how that can be! But to each their own I guess, that just means more for me!


What you'll need:

A microwave safe bowl
Measuring cups and measuring spoons
Real butter
Karo Syrup
Brown sugar-light or dark it doesn't matter
Vanilla
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Salt
Sea Salt-if you want to add on top, for you salt lovers like myself


 7 Minute Microwave Homemade Caramels Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Servings-35 caramels
__________________________________________________________

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter-(be sure its unsalted)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Karo Syrup
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

DIRECTIONS
1. Mix all ingredients in microwave safe bowl. The mixture will bubble up so make sure you bowl is large enough.

2. Microwave on high for 6.5 minutes. Stirring every 2 minutes. While using hot pads remove from microwave and stir again. To see if it caramel is ready, pour a small spoonful of it into a small bowl of cold water, it should form a soft ball. If caramel is too soft place in microwave for another 20 seconds until a soft ball forms in the cold water.

3.Pour into a 8x8 buttered dish and allow to cool completely. You can add sea salt, chocolate or nuts on top for a little something extra nut they are so good on their own too. Cut into squares and wrap in waxed paper. Keep refrigerated.




Let me know if you make these yummy home made caramels and what you think of them. They are so delicious!

I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Holiday season. Thanks for stopping by.

-L I N D S A Y

No comments:

Post a Comment