Tuesday, February 19, 2019

HEALTHY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

Hello! Can you even believe that it's almost the end of February?!
Spring is only about a month away and I am so excited about it.

ive been in a baking mood lately. I don't know if it's because I can't go outside and be active or what! I think I just need something productive to do and food is always a good idea right?

I made these little oatmeal muffins the other day and they are so yummy with all that chocolaty goodness. Not only are they somewhat healthy they are also easy and yummy.


Look at all that oatmeal goodness!


I used mini chocolate chips and they add just a little bit of sweet to these little cute muffins.
I like these because most of the time i have all of these ingredients on hand. I'm always looking for ways to use my overripe bananas. 






I think with all the cold weather I've needed some kind of comfort food and these are the perfect solution. These are best right out of the oven but my kids snarfed them up after school after reheating them in the microwave.




Ingredients and instructions are listed at the end of this post.





Ingredients
2 overripe bananas mashed
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla 
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan or line with muffin cup liners. I used these reusable silicone baking cups below. 

In a medium bowl, combine bananas, egg, milk and brown sugar mix with whisk.
Add baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon whisk until smooth. stir in chocolate chips and oats.
Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and serve with butter or honey or plain.




Here are my cute little porcelain cupcake stands. I have 2 sets of these they are perfect for cupcakes and muffins.



Thanks for being here with me. I really do appreciate your kindness and support. I hope your having a great day!

-Lindsay





No comments:

Post a Comment