Friday, March 8, 2019

SIMPLE SPRING TABLESCAPE


Welcome! I'm so excited to be sharing my Spring tablescape with you today.

When Bre from Rooms for Rent asked if I wanted to be apart of this Spring tablescape tour, I might have freaked out a little bit! I've followed Bre on her blog and on Instagram for years. I am inspired by everything she does. Not only is she crazy talented, she is also kind and really down to earth. So to say I was excited is a bit of an understatement. I am so happy to be apart of this group.

Myself along with 26 talented ladies will be sharing inspiration for some fun Spring tablescapes. 



Spring is my favorite time of year. Everything is starting out fresh and new. The days are getting longer the sun is out more often. I just cant get enough springtime. 



In the middle of February I start to get the Spring time feels. I like to bring the new life of spring indoors with fresh flowers, faux greenery and bright happy colors in my home. 


I love decorating my dining table, it's a blank canvas that I get to create into something special.  
Each season or holiday I get new ideas and themes I like to use. This spring I had grown these pretty  Paper Whites. Yes they are real, and yes they have been alive for over a month and as you can see they are getting really tall. I wanted to use them all month long and incorporate them into my spring tablescape


I planted the bulbs in pretty assorted white bowls and pots.
To plant the bulbs you'll start with some small rocks in a pot or bowl about  half an inch. Then layer potting soil, I filled mine up to the top of my bowls or pots. Take a few bulbs, gently push them about 1/2 way into the soil. keep them moist most of the time while they were sprouting up out of the bulb, then once their roots were better established I would water less. about every 3 days.

They get tall about a foot and a half. The flowers bloomed for over 2 weeks.



Creating a tablescape doesn't have to be expensive or hard. Start with something you are loving at the moment-like my Paper White flowers. Or start with a certain color scheme that has to do with the season or holiday, a set of pretty napkins or some glasses and dishes or a fun DIY centerpiece.

Then let the creative juices flow. I always like to shop my home first, use things I already have. Then buy special items if I need to. 


I was felling shades of blue this Spring. Maybe it's because of the new rug under my dining table with a bit of slate blue in it. 



Layering and using different textures are a few little tips to creating a interesting and beautiful tablescape. I like to have several different heights on my table.

Start with a table runner or table cloth. I've also used throw blankets for a tablecloth before. Just make sure it can be thrown in the washer. I've got 4 kids and spills happen.

 I've been on the hunt for a quality, pretty neutral table runner. I have yet to find just the right one, so I made my own this time.  This one is made our of craft paper, cut down to the size I wanted. I can just throw it away after dinner. 


I use these rattan chargers all the time. I think I got them at Hobby Lobby 50% off. 
I like to use white dishes because they go with every color and style. Get yourself some good white dishes, you wont regret it.


I already had these Pottery Barn Napkins that I purchased on sale last year. Aren't they pretty!

I like the little bit of color they add. They aren't too busy and paired with those yummy blue Cadbery  mini eggs in these cute little nests 



In January I added this board and batten to my dining room wall. This space is pretty small adding more white made it feel bigger. Plus it added some much needed interest and texture to the wall. 


The large wood chalkboard is a DIY. I purchased at Hobby Lobby, it originally was a cork board. I just flipped it over and painted it with chalk paint then reattached it to the wood frame. I love changing the saying on it for all the different seasons. I draped some faux green ferns on the top and it's all ready for Spring.



I love using white dishes, bowls and cake plates in my decor, especially in my kitchen and dining area. I've collected so many of the over the years. Some of my favorite places to get them are Tjmaxx, Home Goods, Walmart, Amazon and Target. 

Look how cute those little ceramic birds are! My sweet mother in law brought them back for me and my daughter from Waco, Texas when she visited The Silos at Magnolia. I thought they screamed.... I mean chirped Spring.... they add a whimsical feel to the table. plus they are darn cute!


Silverware-World Market
Napkins-PotteryBarn
Large Milk Glass cake stand-Amazon
Medium Cake stands-Seagull Book
Small cupcake stands-Amazon
Large Bowls-HomeGoods


I can't wait for it to officially be Spring. It's one of my favorite times of year. 



 How are you adding some Spring touches to your home?


 H E L L O    S P R I N G


Thank you so much for stopping by my Spring Tablescape! I really am so grateful that you came. I hope you're enjoying our Spring Tablescape tour. A big thanks to Bre at Rooms for Rent for inviting me to be apart of this fun group.

I hope you're inspired to do a Spring tablescape of your own. I would love to see it!

Happy Spring!
xo, Lindsay

You can also find me on:
 Instagram and Pinterest  @countrygirlhome


You're sure to be inspired by the other gals in this tablescape tour be sure to visit each one. Links are under each photo. I am blown away by these ladies and their creative minds. Each one of their tables are gorgeous and special in their own way.


Rooms for Rent | Home Stories A to Z | Maison de Pax | House By Hoff






Shades of Blue Interiors | Paint Me Pink | Shabby Fufu | Nina Hendrick






No comments:

Post a Comment