Do you love cot chocolate as much as I do?
Well today I'm sharing my favorite easy homemade hot chocolate recipe with you
HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
· 1 Tablespoon Hershey’s cocoa powder
· 1/3 cup white sugar (use 1/4 cup sugar if you like your hot chocolate less sweet)
· 1 3/4 cups milk
· 1/4 cup milk (to be used separately from other milk)
1. Stir together the cocoa powder & sugar in a medium saucepan.
2. The cocoa powder will be lumpy, and that’s normal. Just blended them together well.
3. Add 1/4 cup of milk, you can use any kind of milk.
4. The cocoa and milk won’t mix together well. You can change that by applying heat. Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
5. I let it boil for a minute or two, until the sugar is dissolved. Don’t let it burn! Continue stirring!
6. Once it’s all mixed together, I add the rest of the milk
Adding the cold milk will drop the temperature so you’ll need to turn the heat back up to get it hot again.
Serve in a cup hot chocolate mug or cute cups like these cappuccino cups from Sweezy on Amazon.
I like to top my hot cocoa with some whipping cream and cinnamon
You can also add some crushed up candy canes for a peppermint flavor
Have fun adding other flavors to your hot cocoa. The possibilities are endless!
Enjoy your cup of yummy Hot Chocolate!
Have a great day.