Tuesday, February 28, 2012

big boy bedroom

I just finished putting up my little boys new "big boy bed" He thinks he is big stuff and he has adjusted so well I can believe it, except a few times he has gone into the other boys room in the middle of the night and flipped on thier light and started talking to them like it was morning well not a 3 AM!! My boys were yelling "Mom, Jake's in our room!! Get him out!!  :)
Mu cute mom made this quilt for him and it turned out so darling. I picked out the fabric and she did the pattern and added "J A K E" to some of the squares..
I made these pillows they don't stay on the bed very often so I put the old bench I refinished in his room and they stay there.
I got the headboard for free it was a orangey/reddish stain color which had to go. I spray painted it dark brown and did some faux wood graining to it and then distressed in a few places. Turned out pretty good I really want a chunkier headboard but this will do for now.
My little guy loves his new big boy bed. Now only if we would start potty training!!

8 comments:

  1. Love the bench! Cute cute room! Love the shelving along the window!
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute room! Love that bench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love the colours uve picked for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a clutter freak. The basement is where all the toys are, so their bedrooms stay pretty organized for now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, Lindsay now I'm your newest follower too! I also shared your blog on my blog today. Thanks for commenting & leaving me a message. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh your too kind to link my blog on your blog. Thanks! I too love messages.

      Delete
  6. What Brand & Color of Spray Paint did you use? Love it!

    ReplyDelete