Thursday, November 21, 2019

DIY CHRISTMAS ADVENT AND MINI WREATHS




You guys Christmas is next month! Can you even believe it?
I'm so excited to be sharing my DIY Christmas Advent with you today.

Last Christmas my theme was rustic glam neutral greens, creams and whites. 

This years theme is Red, cream and green Country Vintage Christmas
I've always loved bottle brush trees and I have a pretty good collection now. Most of these are from Hobby Lobby and Amazon






I always buy my kids those cheep chocolate advents to count down to Christmas but this advent is more to focus more on the Savior and service.

Each day we will read a scripture about Christmas/Jesus Christ and try to do an act of service.


This advent took some time, I'm not going to lie. I love all the little details. 



 I wanted our advent to be somewhere we can see it everyday.



MINI WREATH TUTORIAL

These mini wreaths are so fun and easy to make. They add so much to my Christmas advent and they would be so cute on a place setting on a Christmas tablescape

Items needed:
mini grapevine wreaths (Michael's craft store)
craft wire
wire cutters
festive ribbon
 small metal bells (Amazon)
greenery stems(Hobby Lobby)


I started by pulling a small stem off the greenery stem you'll just need 2 to cover the wreath
I simply tucked the large end of greenery into the wire already on the wreath. 



Next wrap the stem along the wreath then attach it to the wreath with the craft wire.
 continue with the other stem.
Then you can either use twine or the craft wire to attach the bell to the wreath. String some festive ribbon thru the wreath and hang.


This was such a fun project  and I can't wait from December 1st to start our Christmas advent wiht my kids!



 These cute Christmas advent tags are from My Mind's Eye peper goods.


Thanks for being here and for your kindness and support!
xoxo
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment